Saturday, October 16, 2004

Saturday Ritual

My Saturday Ritual is waking up around 9 am. Slipping into some gym clothes, having a cup of tea, and watching E! News Weekend before leaving my house around 10 to head to the gym. I go to gym to take a Pilates class at 11:45, but I arrive early to ride a recumbent bike for 20 minutes. Afterwards, I go to the various machines to work on legs or arms for 15-20 minutes, then I go walk the track or do some stretching for another 10-15 minutes before class starts. Basically, it's the same thing every Saturday.

I really don't like going to the gym, but I go because I don't want to get fat. When I first started going, I said I was going for health reasons, but the truth is I do it for pure vanity. I'm too scared of being a size 16 one day. I'm not fat, but I'm not skinny either. I got my problem areas - stomach and thighs, but I don't do a whole lot to change them either. Basically, I'm happy with my size. I'm just scared of getting bigger. I just wish I could be more enthusiastic about it. Start changing up my routine and do other exercises before my pilates class. Actually, I wish I didn't have to go and I could still eat what I want and never get fat, but I know that's just wishful thinking.

2 comments:

Jazz said...

OKAY, FIRST OFF,..." I HATE YOU!" (SMILE)

I NEED HALF OF THE BALLS YOU HAVE TO MAKE MYSELF GO TO THE GYM. WHAT'S WRONG WITH VANITY ANYWAY? IF YOU WANT TO LOOK GOOD AND YOU ARE DOING WHAT IT TAKES,...MORE POWER TO YOU. YOU ROCK! YOU ARE MY HERO!

I AM STILL HOLDING OUT FOR THAT MAGIC PILL THAT MAKES YOU DROP WEIGHT LIKE,...THAT!

Apocalypse said...

working out is so boring...but it is a turn on in a way...but mostly its boring.